For Teachers: Maths and General Learning Articles
Here you will find articles that we use to inform our approach to learning and to our teaching of maths.
We hope you will find them useful for reflecting on your own practice.
- Zone of Proximal Development
- Using Higher Order Reading Skills
- Jerome Seymour Bruner
- National Curriculum (Maths) Teaching Guidance
- Common Questions About Maths
- Maths for Mastery
- Strategies to Support Children's Learning
- Assessing Children Without Testing
- Simple Startegies for Deepening Mathematical Understanding
- Questions to Support Children's Mathematical Learning
Zone of Proximal Development
The Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) describes the area between a child’s level of independent performance (what he/she can do alone) and the child’s level of assisted performance (what he/she can do with support).
Jerome Seymour Bruner
Jerome Seymour Bruner (1915-) Jerome Seymour Bruner is a psychologist who has made significant contributions to human cognitive psychology and cognitive learning theory in educational psychology.