For Parents: Activities that will help your child
This section we originally called Kitchen Table Maths and our idea was to show you that maths is all around if only you know where to look. No special equipment is required, it can all be done with everyday items.
Here are some fun activities to do just because you can!
- Empty Box Maths
- Counting using Rhymes
- Maths is all Around Us
- Number Bonds
- Grouping and Sharing
- Counting Forwards and Back
- Addition and Subtraction of Small Numbers
- Counting Songs
- Time of Day
- Ordinal numbers
- Beginning Counting
- Beginning to Record Counting
- Beginning to Measure Length
- Beginning to Measure Mass (Weight)
- Beginning to Measure Capacity
- Beginning to Measure Time
Beginning to Record Counting
Once your child has shown he/she understands about counting, knows about a number and can recognise the symbol associated with that number, it is time to start writing the numbers.
Division: Grouping and Sharing
A simple activity to consolidate your child's understanding of the concepts of grouping and sharing in division.